Massage has been used for millennia as a natural pain relief treatment. We use massage therapy in our Jacksonville and Fleming Island, FL office, as it works great in conjunction with the chiropractic care that Select Health and Wellness provides. Massage does much more than just feel amazing. It also offers many health benefits as well. Some are physical and others are psychological, and here are just a few of each:
- Pain relief (back, neck, shoulder, legs, arm, and headache pain)
- Increased range of motion and mobility
- Better cardiovascular function
- Enhanced sports performance
- Reduced depression or anxiety
- Increased levels of energy
- Decreased levels of fatigue
- Easier time getting and staying asleep
- Easier labor and delivery for expecting mothers
- Reduced stretch marks
- Reduced scar tissue
We Can Help Clients Find Help From Neck Pain and Headaches with Massage Therapy
Advantages like these have been seen to be extremely helpful for individuals who suffer with chronic conditions such as arthritis and asthma. Massage has also proven advantageous for burn injury patients, people with higher than healthy blood pressure, and women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome. Even preterm infants have shown benefits with massage therapy as they have improved levels of weight gain.
To learn more about the massage therapy services we offer in Jacksonville and Fleming Island, FL, give our office a call today at (904) 425-9060.